Breastfeeding Community

Breast feeding and period

My son is now 2 months old and I have been breast feeding him for most of it. He gets formula maybe once or twice every other day. At 4 weeks I began birth control (pill) and have been taking it every day as prescribed. I was on the pill before pregnancy and would have a period during the last week of the month cycle. Well that week came and gone, but I had no period. Can breast feeding be a reason for this? I've read that breast feeding can cause you to not have a period right away. Any advice? Oh, I am still breast feeding. Not sure if I made it sound like I no longer do it.
It's great that you're still breastfeeding & it is true that breastfeeding may delay cycles. :)

Keep up the good work mama! Let us know if you would like to go to exclusive breastfeeding, we may have suggestions for increasing supply.
Most women who breastfeed do not get their periods and do not get pregnant. There are always exceptions, of course, but that was always considered one of the advantages of breastfeeding.

Does taking birth-control pills while breastfeeding affect the baby?