Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breastfeeding Community
1.66k Members

Breasting feeding and period

Hi i am breast feeding as well as2-3 formular feeds per day, i still havent got my period when are you surpose to get it? my little angel was an ivf baby and is now 4 months old...  I cant concieve naturally so im not woried that i am pregnant... just want to know if anyone has gone this long before a period and if so when did it come????
7 Responses
274158 tn?1276350787
Ava is 16 weeks and I haven't had a period either. I am exclusively breastfeeding. I am happy about it though! I hate getting my af!!! I can officially say I haven't had a period in over a year!!! I hope when I do get it, it's not a bad one!!!
171768 tn?1324233699
i didn't get it until 4 weeks after completely weaning- so around 8 months PP
171867 tn?1271047748
everyone is different.. i pump during the day and bf at night and i have had 3 cycles in the past 6 months, even though i bf??? so it is so hard to say but very normal to not get it
My son is 8 months and I still haven't got my period and I'm still nursing!
I've been breast feeding for what seems like forever! My son is now 15mo. and I am still breast feeding. I have yet to get my period. I was told by a many women that you don't receive your period until you stop breast feeding. I don't know if thats true or it's normal.
446156 tn?1275863176
I'm glad to see this post!  I have a 17 month old and a 4 month old.  So I have been pregnant for 2 years lol.  I have not had AF since I gave birth to my baby girl 4 months an I have yet to have a period.  No spotting... nothing.  So I'm glad to see this is normal.  Lord knows that I'm not trying to conceive lol,
615752 tn?1361871586
I got my period five months post-partum and was exclusively breastfeeding at that stage. Everyone is different as you can see by the other posts. My sister got her period once she weaned her son off, others get them while breastfeeding. It's normal.
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365196113
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.