A
A
A
Close
Breastfeeding Community
1.66k Members
1394262 tn?1369625192

Hives! Yucks yucks yucks!!!

.I find that even though I gave birth in mid Dec last year, I am still suffering from excessive perspiration, so my body feels sweaty AND sticky all the time, even at night. Drats. It is really, really uncomfortable...    :(
Are there any mummies here still suffering from excessive perspiration despite giving birth a few months ago??? Please let me know.

Another problem I have is my hives. I have been suffering from hives since last Dec when I gave birth.
My whole body itches even though I am using calamine lotion to soothe my skin & taking chinese medicine to regulate my body. This is so so so annoying! My itch is really bothersome! My body has numerous white patches of dried calamine lotion & I am constantly trying not to scratch. I am not taking any anti-histamine as I am breastfeeding.
Anybody here suffering from persistent hives still? HELP~~~
3 Responses
1394262 tn?1369625192
Hi, does anybody want to share their experience?
6965936 tn?1394227011
I gave birth a month ago and I'm very very sweaty. I'm not sure why! But it's embarrassing!
287071 tn?1365192513
The sweaty thing - YES!  I spoke to the school nurse at the school I teach and she basically chalked it up to a high metabolism.  I sweat like a beast over night - it would get nasty at times.  

I wasn't so bad during the day with sweat but nights were crazy.

With hives - didn't have that.  Talk to your pediatrician's office and see if they can recommend anything. I don't know if allergy meds would help of if you an take them while nursing (I don't think so…).  Hydrocortisone cream always helps me with itches!
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.