Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breastfeeding Community
1.66k Members

How many mins to beeastfeed a 3months old baby?

My baby boy is 3 months 14 days. I have very less milk supply. How many mins do u all ladies breastfeed ur 3-4month baby?
14 Responses
You're supposed to do it for 2hrs I heard.
Wait no! I got confused :/ sorry. It's every 2hrs ugh
Yes breastfed babys eat every 2hrs but honestly u can do 15-20 minutes on each breast or until u see ure baby is full. There's this tea its called mothers milk n u drink 3-5 cups a day its supposed to help increase ure supply. Well for me it worked wen i wasrunning a lil low. Also drink lots of water that can also help.
2020005 tn?1476662562
I agree, in the beginning though my daughter usually fed about 20-30 minutes on one side, then maybe another 5 or so on the other, all babies vary though. It's very rare for a woman to lose her milk supply or "dry up", usually it's just a growth spurt, if a mom is questioning her supply baby is fussing at the breast, eating constantly, acting hungry, it's likely a growth spurt, can pass in a few days even up to a week, as long as your LO is getting 4-6 wet diapers a day, and not acting lethargic from starvation, it's likely your LO is just fine.
4484425 tn?1384231934
My daughter is 3 1/2 months old and she nurses about every 3 hours for about 10 to 15 minutes. She only nurses one side at a time. My two other children did about the same. The time can vary depending on how strong your let down is.
287071 tn?1365196113
I feed on demand.  My oldest would feed 15 min on each side - until I'd pull him off... My second was about 10 min on each side, and with my third baby she pulls her self off after just a few minutes. She'll be done in 10 - and that's both sides!  I asked my dr about it and he said she's growing fine - that she just might be very efficient!  I don't think there is a right or wrong answer.
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365196113
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.