Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How to get past 3 months??

Hi, I have 2 girls (4&2). When I breastfeeding fed them I could never do it for more than 3 months. They always ended up biting down hard and ripping away from my nipple causing bleeding. It felt like they were getting very greedy. I stopped due to pain. My doc said they were latching perfectly and everything so it wasn't that...I'm hoping to get past 3 months of breastfeeding with my 3rd daughter but I don't know what to do differently from before. Help...please??? Lbvs
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
4484425 tn?1384228334
I would see a lactation consultant and talk to them about your previous experiences and see what they think. You can eat foods and take supplements called galactagogues. They are foods and supplements the help naturally boost milk production. Oatmeal is one that really helps give me a boost.
Helpful - 0
Talk to an LC, or maybe if it happens again at  try using a nipple shield.
Helpful - 0
7677085 tn?1395374075
Just take the baby off every time it bites just long enough for your baby to understand it's not acceptable behavior. I gave my daughter her binky whenever she got in a biting mood and by the time she got teeth she rarely bit.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.