How to get past 3 months??

Hi, I have 2 girls (4&2). When I breastfeeding fed them I could never do it for more than 3 months. They always ended up biting down hard and ripping away from my nipple causing bleeding. It felt like they were getting very greedy. I stopped due to pain. My doc said they were latching perfectly and everything so it wasn't that...I'm hoping to get past 3 months of breastfeeding with my 3rd daughter but I don't know what to do differently from before. Help...please??? Lbvs
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I would see a lactation consultant and talk to them about your previous experiences and see what they think. You can eat foods and take supplements called galactagogues. They are foods and supplements the help naturally boost milk production. Oatmeal is one that really helps give me a boost.
Helpful - 0
Talk to an LC, or maybe if it happens again at  try using a nipple shield.
Helpful - 0
Just take the baby off every time it bites just long enough for your baby to understand it's not acceptable behavior. I gave my daughter her binky whenever she got in a biting mood and by the time she got teeth she rarely bit.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community