When does the pain go away

i had my baby Sunday and today omg my nipples hurt so bad everytime I feed her! They have been bleeding and pudding is there anything I can do or just stick it out until they get tough
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
And when you feed her make Sure she is not just latched to the tip of your nipple, make sure you have as much of your nipple and areola in her mouth as possible, a nipple tip latch hurts terribly and will cause tissue damage
Helpful - 0
Your breast milk is actually the BEST thing you can put on your nipples to heal it.
Take a warm compress or hot damp wash cloth and put it on your breasts for 5 minutes before breast feeding, use a nipple shield to protect the damaged tissue, after feeding squeeze a few drops out and rub it on your nipples and let it AIR DRY! Don't wipe of your milk after feedings. After you air dry use washable or reusable nipple pads, not disposable, washable & reusable ones ate much more gentle on breast tissue than disposable
Helpful - 0
Lanolin is a blessing and I even had to use it even though this I'd my second child. My daughter is 5 days old
Helpful - 0
I was in the same boat as you!
The hospital gave me some nipple cream. Which helped.
But the reason why your nipple is raw I'd because your baby is working to get that milk out. My nipples were really raw by the 2nd day.. But by the 3rd day my milk came in and nipples started healing. Hang in there mama!!. (My baby boy is one week and 2days old)
Helpful - 0
I had the same problem ..maybe Shes not latched correctly? I ended up using the nipple shield but after she was about 4 weeks and my nipples were healed I tried without it and it hurt less and now it doesn't anymore . !
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community