Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

new born not full with breastmilk

Hi ladies just had a baby yesterday morning now I'm not new to breast feeding cuz I did with my last one. This one seems like he's or I'm having a hard time with it. For one he's not getting full from ny breast milk and he's starting to get mad so I had to give him some formula abd he ate a good anount of it I'd say maybe an oz and now he's fine he's not looking or food. I'm not sure what to do now continue to breast feed and give him a little formula? I'm wondering what's wrong cuz I didn't have this prob with my last one? Help anyone!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
4654179 tn?1595183520
Keep him latched. Maybe your milk hasn't come in yet. Congrats on your little one.
Helpful - 0
4484425 tn?1384228334
Just keep putting him to the breast every time he seems hungry. That's what's going to get your milk to come in. I would use formula as an absolute last resort because the less he nurses the less milk you'll produce.
Helpful - 0
Thanks ladies ill try to keep him on.
Helpful - 0
agree witj tomorow! their stomach are tiny so they dont need much to eat.And right now all u have is colostrum ure milk will take. 3-4 days to come in. But if u wish to continue bf u should really keep the bby on ure breast bcz if he only gets bottle hes going to prefer it n not want ure breast anymore. Just hang in there remember all bbys are diff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.