Aa
A
A
A
Close
1394262 tn?1369625192

sensitive skin!!!

Hi mummies

I am breastfeeding my dd and I found that ever since I gave birth last mid-December, my skin has become very, very sensitive. As soon as I start to perspire even a little, red patches and red rashes appear on my body-hands, armd, calves, thighs and body. I have it every day that's for sure. And i find the discomfort unbearable.

Is anyone suffering from the same problem too???
Is this due to hormonal changes OR due to some herbs that I have been taking?
Please share. thank you very much.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
4268628 tn?1375041176
It sounds like eczema. It's common for some women to get it after giving birth. Look at creams like Skincinity to help. Some women have it go away after about a year, and some women have it from that point on.
Helpful - 0
I have the same problem :(
Helpful - 0
4484425 tn?1384228334
Our bodies can still be very weird while breast feeding. With my second son I developed an allergy to wine and beer, not that I drank much since breastfeeding, but the first time it happened we had gone out to dinner and after two sips my face was full of hives. I'm sure your sensitivity is something that will pass after you're done breastfeeding. Like Flickan said find some sensitive skin lotion/eczema cream and should help some or you could use a little hydrocortisone on the spots but don't use too much because it can thin out the skin with overuse.
Helpful - 0
I had a similar problem, I would start sweating a bit then become extremely itchy befote breaking out in hives. I actually bought some aveeno body wash that leaves a layer or moisturizer on after you wash it off (actually feelsvkunda nasty). Then when I started to feel itchy id also use some cocoa butter lotion or hydrocortizone. Between those things, I was able to control it until my hormones balanced out.
Helpful - 0
1394262 tn?1369625192
So is  my condition hives or eczema???

Tomorrow264, did u mention that my condition will be gone after I am done bf?! OMG, coz I am thinking of bf for 6 months according to WHO guidelines & I am only 2 months into this! Oh no.... Surely I can do something about my condition w/o resorting to taking medication???

Actually even when I am sitting on office chairs or dining chairs or even as I put my hands on the PC desk as I am typing this, my skin becomes red with marks left behind by whatever came into contact with it. It is this bad!  :(
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.