Cancer Community

Pain and itching

In May my mother had renal failure and started dialysis, in June she started having severe back pain and itching, she was given pain pills Why the pain? by August it was all unbearable and she had several CTs enlarged lymph nodes found in the chest biopsy + CA. Admitted to hospital for severe kidney infection she ha such itching and pain it was unbearable I thought the pain pills caused the itch? While in the hospital she was given 15mg MS Contin pain and itching 100% resolved. For some reason she was sent home on ultram I had thought maybe the kidney infection was cause of pain, but I guess not pain and itching are back. Do you have any idea why every time the pain returns the itching returns?? They have not yet found source of CA brain and lungs are negative, no PET scan because of her kidneys so we are waiting for a CT of body??
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.