Chiari Malformation Community

Chiari type 1

Does anyone know a good Chiari specialist in wv? I was recently diagnosed with chiari type 1 5mm after a bad fall at work. I have been off work for a couple months now with bad neck pain dizzy headaches numbness and tingling in my left arm and shoulder. I also have 2 mild bulging disc in my neck. my doc didn't seem at all worried about chiari but after I started researching it I have almost every symptom of it listed! It really bothers me that the dr almost laughed at me when I ask about it. would like to see someone else that knows something about it! thanks!!
COMMUNITY LEADER

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

I am so sorry you had that experience, seems far too many of us deal with Drs that really do not feel Chiari is or can be problematic or symptomatic.....

We do have a list of Drs that was compiled by the members of Drs they have been to treated by and liked....the list is not a referral nor an endorsement of those listed on it, it is only meant to be used as a tool to research Drs as a starting point....should anyone find a good Chiari Dr not on our list we ask that you add their name.

You will also want to educate yourself on ALL the related conditions and testing that should be done which will help you in selecting the right Dr for you.

Keep in mind you may not find a Dr near you or even in your state, so you may have to travel as so many of us have.

I will bump the list up for you to see.