Cord Blood Community
64 Members

Tell me about Core Blood

We are expecting and I keep hearing  this thing about core blood and storage. Tell me a little more about it and if you used it what company did you go with and why? It's like dealing with a car salesman everyone is telling you who is the best, but they can't tell you why. Thanks for your help.
I have 2 children and I have not stored their cord blood. Although with this child my husband and I are planning to because cancer runs in his family. People store cord blood because it is rich in stem cells which can be transformed into just about any kind of human cell. This is great if your child gets sick or has a disease. It's also can be used for relatives or future children. There are pros and cons to doing it and to not doing it. I would do lits of research. As far as who to go with, I myself have not even figured that out and understand your frustration with it. Again research, and good luck
Cord Blood Community
64 Members
1.54k Questions
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.