Cord Blood Community
65 Members

should i be induced early for marginal cord insertion

Hi just wondering if you know much about mrginal cord insertions? I'm now due today and was diagnosed with marginal cord insertion at my 20weeks scan in australia. I have now moved overseas to a country that doesn't have much knowledge on the subject. While i was in autralia the doctor told me that they would look at inducing me around 39 weeks and definitely by 40. I am now 40 weeks and I'm not sure what to do as the doctors here dont seem to think i need to be. from the sounds of things i can only see risks to not being induced at this time and don't see the point in waiting. from everything ive read from other experiences, they have all been induced early and the ones that weren't ended in stillbirths. do you have any advice? thank you
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.