Coronavirus Community
35 Members

Sore throat during antibiotic treatment?

so I was diagnosed with sinusitis on Thursday and was given Doxycycline monohydrate by my doctor. Monday morning I woke up with a low grade fever of 100.1 and a sore throat. Of course with all this virus hysteria I am fearing the worst. I have no other symptoms because nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing, fluid in ears and of course the sore throat.  Body temp has been between 98 and 99 degrees. any advice? Thank you!
Gosh, sorry to hear you are not feeling well!!!  And I completely understand that right now, all illnesses are scary.  They do have a pretty good chart out right now of how to tell symptoms apart.  One thing that I have noticed on all of the charts is that runny noses, stuffed noses, etc. are more indicative of a cold.  There are upper respiratory infections and lower respiratory infections. Colds are upper and Corona virus is lower.  The hallmarks of the corona virus are dry cough, fever and shortness of breath.  I do read a lot that people also may start with a sore throat.  But sneezing and a lot of nose activity is more of a cold symptom.  Regardless, your symptoms would be mild if you have the virus and we are all supposed to act like we have it and stay away from others.  So, do that if you can.  :>)  Here's that chart on symptoms.   https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19-identifying-the-symptoms.pdf
Learn more with our FAQ on Ebola.