Degenerative Diseases Community

symptoms chronic joint cracking all over

HI there
For the past year and a half I have felt my joint areas degenerating - there is a lot of cracking in all my joints at all time at this stage. All day every day and night. It started in my shoulders and has moved all over my body. I also had testicular cancer, and one treatment of chemo and syphillis last year. Rheuamtology tests have comeup negative and doctors are at a loss for what is going on. Am fully recovered at this time from both.  Also beginning to feel numbness and tingling in my hands and fingers.  Also it is not just cracking, there is strange movement and sometimes I have mild involuntary twitching though it is becoming more frequent.
It is quite extreme and at the moment a bit scarey.
Does this sound like anything to anyone?
I am 32
Hi Sebastiandelacroix- I am having some of the same symptoms as you and am wondering what it is also. I am interested in knowing if you have some of the others I have had...along with the involuntary twitching in my legs and numbness and tingling in my arms and hands I have had fatigue and migraines. My doc put me on a heart medication for my migraines and they have subsided for the most part but now the twitching and arm/hand probs have arisen. You are further than I on getting tests done but do you have any heart probs or migraines? Sorry I cannot be of greater help to you but I had to write you becuase we have very similar symptoms going on...let me know what happens and keep me posted please. Thanks Plante.
You should get tested for Lyme
I'm also in my 30's and also experience this, it seems that every bone in my body is cracking. I also have the shakes at time to time,could be caffein, not sure what it is but recently experience a injury on my lumbar spine and have Denerating disc disease, it seems that my health is going down hill.30 going on 60.
I feel for you, your not alone...
Thanks for replying. I don't seem to have migraine or heart issues so that is a no.. I am leaning to fibromyalgia - thinking my muscles must be shortening thus all the cracking but this is just from reading various other posts. I am not in the extreme pain some people seem to have with this condition. But I still do not have an answer. I should be ssing a rheumatologist in the new year and will let you know how I go
When I was 16 my right arm started not wanting to straighten out all the way and it was painful. I felt like it was so stiff sometimes especially waking up that I would break it if I moved it. Now, at 28 all the sudden my left arm within 2 days is now the exact same and every joint in my body is cracking, I have headaches and I get twinges of pain in my abdomen. I eat holistic and have since put myself on a regimen of baking soda, apple cider vinegar, nattokinase, turkey tail, tart cherry juice and vitamin c. If I try tucking my chin to my chest and clasping my hands around my neck to pull the pain radiates down my spine. My knees and shoulders started being wonky too. It has me so paranoid.
I have been searching for people with this problem for years.  Mine started when I was 12.  It felt like my shoulder really had to crack, but it wouldn't.  I woke up the next day and it cracked and grinded every time I moved it.  I'm now 23, and it still does it, along with almost every other joint in my body.  It started with the shoulders, then elbows, wrists, etc.  Junior year of college is when my knees started, and they are really really bad now.  Also, my back started from pilates senior year of college.  I'm afraid I'll end up in a wheel chair!  Does anyone know what causes it?   I also have really really bad knots in my back from it, and get leg and arm cramps often.
Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same thing, extreme joint cracking, twitching, numbness and pains all over. I believe its lyme, but just curious if anyone has a dx
HI,  been reading through archives just wondered if you have found any answers to your joint problems
gorbybelle
I also have all my joints stiff and crackle, popping sound along with bone pain. I have a list of other medical problems but was wondering if Im getting DBD  ( degenerative bone or joint disease).or DJD? Even with excercise all day my joints snap crackle and pop. Anyone have a clue to what causes this?
i have pain in my joints ,arms and alot of cracking going on. mainly my 2 thumbs.and i seem to be getting worse. any ideals
Same here. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. ANA blood work was off...have your doctor test your ANA, this will tell whether or not your body is attacking itself/joints. I also have involuntary muscle twitches but I believe its from my adderall (i take for adhd) My father has been diagnosed with rheumatoid and osteoarthirits...im 33. Had knee surgery at 26, now other knee is going. I crack constantly. Google degenerative autoimmune diseases...and check out there symptoms
Definition: Crepitus is a symptom characterized by a crackling or grating feeling or sound under the skin, around the lungs or in the joints. In soft tissues, crepitus is often due to gas, most often air, that has abnormally penetrated and infiltrated an area (for example, in the soft tissues beneath the skin).
In a joint, crepitus can indicate cartilage wear in the joint space. The term "crepitus" is derived from the Latin, meaning "a crackling sound or rattle." Typically, crepitus is a grinding noise coupled with a sensation in the affected joint. Crepitus can occur with or without pain.
I am 34 years old and just recently I  have been having cracking in every joint in my body. It started in my shoulders, now it has gone to my ankles, knees, hips, elbows, and wrist. Along with that, i have been getting numbness all over to where I have to sleep on my back to avoid putting pressure on my sides, I am terrified that this might become worse, because just like some of you, i have been checked for almost everything and they all come back negative. I was told by a doctor that it may be related to anxiety and stress but I don't know. Can stress and anxiety affect your bones?
Were any of you guys ever on a Benzodiazepine such as Valium, Klonopin, or Xanax?

What you are describing is called benzo withdrawal and sometimes takes 2 years to heal from.  It is very hard to find any doctor to recognize what is going on because there are so many symptoms.   Check out http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm

I was put on these meds for GAD, however after 4 years they stopped working and docs kept upping the dose.  I finally realized what was going on and got off.  Now I am healing, and it feels like crap for the past 7 months.  
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.