I’ve had a tooth abscess for YEARS!

Hey everyone, so I’ve had a tooth abscess for YEARS now (since my junior year of high school) and I’ve gone a couple times to the dentist and have gotten a round of antibiotics but never went back to get the tooth pulled after finishing the antibiotics, over the years I’ve been able to pop the abscess though it wasn’t very much puss that came out at all, so I figured I was ok as long as I was able to drain it. So here I am about 10 years later and my abscess seems to have gone away, it doesn’t bother me at all and there are no signs or symptoms of an abscess where mine used to be. A lot of you may think that is very dumb or negligent of me but I have a CRIPPLING fear of dentists. Anyways I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts were considering everywhere I look it says that an abscess cannot go away on its own?

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community