Dental Health Community

Skin peeling off inside lips after brushing.

In the last 6 months or so I have noticed that about 20 minutes after I brush my teeth, a small amount of dead skin accumulates on the inside of my lower lip.  It's very white when gathered in one spot but pretty clear when stretched apart.  It's not painful, it's more uncomfortable for me to either have to spit it out or slide my finger between my teeth/gums, and my lower lip to extract it.  Is there something that I need to be worried about?  I have noticed that it may have coincided with my switch to the new Crest Health Toothpaste.  I also recently started using a Sonicare Electric toothbrush (around the same time).  But that could be coincidence only.  thank you for your responses.
I have the same thing but mine is not just after I brush. I have to wipe the space between my cheek an gums about 3 times a week andI get a small thing strip of skin when I do.

I read somewhere that perimenopause can cause this.BUt I started noticing it after I switched toothpaste. I went from Sensodyne to Crest.

I will love to find out if there is a connection.
I have also experienced this; after brushing is when it happens to me.  I switched from Colgate to Crest Pro Health toothpaste, and that has actually made it worse.  Anyone know anything about this?
Yes it is candida infection. Trust me . We all have in our body. Its normal, just have to get it under control. Ask your doctor.
that is odd because i recently started experiencing this, and this coincides with me starting to use crest pro health toothpaste.

i think its very harsh - it burns my tongue and mouth often.

i would recommend for us to stop using that toothpaste.
I started using Crest Pro-Health and the same exact thing started happening to me.  It took me a couple of weeks to figure out that it was the toothpaste that was causing it.  This never happened to me with any other kind of toothpaste.  I stopped using the Crest Pro-Health as soon as I made the connection, but now I have been having a similar *(but far less intense) reaction to all toothpastes and mouthwashes.  I even tried the all natural ones.  Lip balms and lipsticks are also a problem now.  This all started with the Crest Pro-Health!
I've been having this problem for several years. I asked my regular physician at first and was told to take more vitamin C. I did that with no improvement at all. Then I went to a homeopathic physician and he told me that it was in my stomach and caused by what i was eating. he put me on a medicine, and told me that I will have to take it for three to four months. But after about a month, i noticed the symptom increased! so, now i stopped taking the homeopathic madicine. I am really frustrated. I am going to another regular doctor in a few days for another check up.
I did notice from the other postings that we are all using the Crest Prohealth toothpaste. But my sympton has been there even before using the crest prohealth tooth paste. But it starts about an hour after brushing. anyone else has any other thoughts or ideas?
I also just started using Crest Pro Health and I have been experiencing the same issue after my first use of the toothpaste.
i bought crest pro health while i was on vacation a few months ago and i just put it in my medicine cabinet and i ran out of my usual toothpaste tonightt so i used it and i was sitting on here checking my e-mails and it started to happen to me so i googled peeling cheek skin after brushing and i got this :) thanks for you help and **** is going in the garbage
I was looking for something else & found the above comments.  About 2 yrs. ago, or when ever pro health crest came out, I was one of the first to try it.  Until I read all comments, I never associated the skin inside the mouth.  Thinking back, it was a little while after brushing & i had changed to P.H. Crest.  I didn't care much for it & switched to something else & i haven't had it since.  someone mentioned menopause, well i was in the worst part of it, if there is one part worse than the others.  Now, I have no teeth in my mouth.  I am very depressed & haven't been out of my house since I had the full mouth extraction.  I had 23 pulled at once & they scraped the jaw bones., gave me a platelet transfusion along with fresh frozen plasma with general anesthesia.  
  It's been 23 days, I still can't wear the dentures because I think they are to big for my mouth & i look like a giant ape.& am unable to touch my lips together & the teeth look huge.  Thank God for black & decker.  My sister-in-law bought me one of their food grinders otherwise I would lost have lost more than the 15 lbs.  i have.  
I have used Crest Pro-Health in the past and I had slight peeling of the skin inside my mouth. Like everyone has said, it's not painful at all, just a nuisance. I'd reach my finger in there and take a little out. Then I switched to Tom's of Maine natural toothpaste. I used it for a month or two, and the problem was gone. I love that stuff, it's amazing. But then my teeth started becoming sensitive (I guess it's genetic, my mom has the same problem?), so I just recently started using Sensodyne toothpaste, and the problem came back, but even worse! It's gross. I wake up in the morning and I have to take a paper towel and scrape all of the peeled skin out. I hate it. I'm going to go back to Tom's of Maine toothpaste and say screw it to the sensitive teeth problem...Sensodyne isn't really doing much for me anyway. Is it possible that age that causes the skin peeling, or is it the toothpaste? This has all happened in the past year and I'm 33.
I have had the same problem but mine started when I used the Listerine Whitening, It was actually much worse when I used Listerine than when I used Crest Pro Health. I like Crest Pro Health actually; it makes my mouth feel clean. Other than the gum peeling occaisionally there is nothing wrong with it other than the mouthwash leaves my tongue blue. Maybe, it has something do to with the amount of time we leave the mouthwash in that makes the skin peel.
Nejeri, I believe we're all talking about the toothpaste and not the mouthwash. I have never had problems with Crest's mouthwash. It's a few toothpastes that I've had issues with. But I did go back to Tom's of Maine natural toothpaste and the peeling is gone. They have this orange-mango flavor that is so awesome; I don't think I will ever go back to any other toothpastes again. There must be some sort of chemical in the other toothpastes that does something to the inner lining of the mouth.