Dental Health Forum

Small white bumps on tongue - child

My 7 yr. old son has tiny white dot like bumps on his tongue, and on the very tip of the tongue the dots seem to have grown into one large white spot.  They are not outlined in red, just white.  He cries alot over them & wakes at night screaming in pain.  We try baby orajel swabs and a benadryl/mylanta mix on the surface of tongue, but it doesn't help alot.  This was at the suggestion of his pediatrician, but I'm praying there is something else we can do as this doesn't seem to help.  Please help if you can -- thanks so much.
I am not sure what they are but I think you should see an oral surgeon for a definitive diagnosis and more appropriate medication.
How long has he had the spots? Usually mouth problems heal in about 7-10 days. Some of the mouth rinses like what we call "magic mouth wash" it has lidocaine in it which can be a numbing agent. I'm sorry for your little one in such pain. Motrin is better because it has anti-inflamatory in it. "magic mouth wash" has Benadryl, maylox, lidocaine, and I'm not sure what else, but if you are interested I could ask the dentist that I work for what the prescription is. Watch out for the things he eats and drinks no o.j., tomatoes, ketchup, etc. I hope he gets to feeling better!!
A related discussion, White bump (sore) on tongue. was started.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.