FEELING NO EMOTIONS

Hi people my names ryan I am 24 and since the age of 18 I have suffered from depression on and off. I was doing ok on my venlafaxine that I take from the doctors, but a month ago I fell out with a friend and were no longer friends and ever since then I havent felt any emotions at all and I havent been able to show any either. I know sometimes the we shutdown inside if we get hurt or something happens. I just want to know how I can get my emotions back because I just feel like a robot. If anyone can help me please send me a message.

take care

ryan

p.s. thank you for taking the time to read my problem
Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry to hear about you and your friend. That "shutdown" feeling is likely to pass as you've given yourself enough time to accept the lose of your friendship. Are you currently in therapy to help treat your depression? If not, I would highly recommend it (from my own personal experience). If you feel that your depression is getting worse, or this feeling does not get any better, you should speak to your doctor about maybe increasing your dosage of venlafaxine or possibly trying a new medication.

All the best...
Agree very much with Equal. Therapy is the go.

I know the no emotions feeling, I had it for many, many years. Thought I had no feelings but the reality was I was just hiding and suppressing them all, part of a behaviour I was taught as a young child.

So I was feeling emotions all that time, just not allowing them to manifest or surface which led to my breakdowns in time. Don't make the same mistake please, dig for them and spit them out.