Depression Community

effexor

any thoghts on effexor? - 4 weeks on 75mg/3weeks on 150mg - hard to tell if it helps thanks
My personal experience with Effexor XR ( I was on it for 1 year for depression) is that it does not take as long to kick in, as some of the other antidepressants.  I would think that you would know by now if it is working for you.  I'm hardly an expert on this subject,
so I would suggest that you post your question to Dr. Roger Gould, at "Ask a Doctor Forum", on this web site.  It is so sad that so many of us cannot get answers from our own doctors, so we have to resort to online forums!!!!   Best wishes!
thanks
I took Effexor XR for about 4 years. It gave me 4 years of remmission from my depression and anxiety. For that I am thankful. had to switch after 4th years as it pooped out on me. My dose was 300Mgs a day.

For me it worked great for a long time, but man it was a bugger to change it up for another medication when the time came. Even with a very slow taper, I got pretty sick from the withdrawl.