Extreme Itching all over body w/NO rash, welts or hives.

I've recently been diagnosed with Urticaria. My doctor says I fall into the 99.9% of the people who have it without any signs. My itchiness has been getting progessively worse for the past few years. I'd say almost 3 yrs now. It's to the point where I can't even engage in intercourse with my partner, go shopping or even go out in the sun. I keep hearing and reading how Urticaria, usually has signs on the skin surface but I don't, except for the really bad itchy feeling. Sometimes I question whether or not I have something else because it's really bad and it feels like I have a sudden burning rush of nails/needles stabbing my skin and I can't even move but only twitch. It's like this on a daily basis with my skin, whenever my body temperatue goes up. I feel like my body's thermostat is broken and I'm constantly overheating. I've been taking Claritin and Benadryl but that doesn't seem to help at all. My doctor also gave me a prescription medicine called Atarax, which only makes me drowsy and doesn't help the itchy feeling. Any suggestions? Btw, I've taken blood tests to see if there is anything wrong but everything came out fine. =/
My 6 year old son has been getting hives now everyday for about 2 months. He sounds a lot like your condition. When he plays really rough he gets hives.  When he gets hot in school he gets hives.  I am so worried that he has some sort of a medical condition that we don't know of that is causing these hives.

Lately his eyes look sickly to me.  I know I worry about him alot but after all he is my baby. I wish I had some answers.  We see a pediatric allergist for his other multiple allergies and we do totally avoid what he is allergic to everyday.

my 11 year old son had a virus on Thanksgiving 5 days later he started itching from head to toe no rash no hives nothing.
we started him on benadryl and calamine lotiong, not relief so the Doctor gave him allegra and cortisone, no relief. Then the dermatologist gave him a shot of kenalog, and prescription cortisone. still no relief after two emergency room visits they gave him hydroxine and blood workups for kidney, liver, and thyroid came back normal.  then the allergist said his bloodwork for allergies is normal too. she put him on zyrtec and two hydroxine at night so the kid can maybe get some sleep.. Now were going on 5 weeks he has missed 3 weeks of school and there's still no relief for this poor kid in site.  we've tried oatmeal baths, lotion, bactine which has lidocane and still nothing. Can someone give us some suggestions.  It's 2007 I can't believe all this modern technology and no one can help itching.
Hi I was currently had the same problem. Out of no where my body started itching. The doctor diagnosised it as demertitis. I had the same symptoms as your son, no visible signs of anythings. My doctor suggest benadryl, and told me to take two hydroxine at night. She doesn't have an idea what it is. She told me if its still bothering me in three days, to come back to see her.

I may have the same problem as you; however, I experience burning sensations.  I show no visible symptoms and I myself am experiencing the bothersome guess and check experience of trying to figure out whats wrong.  I usually feel the burning sensation in my legs but it seems to be focused on the sides of my stomach/ribs right now.  I show no visible symptoms but only the burning I feel.  Its been like this for a little more than a month.  A few years back, it was like this for nearly 2 years but went away for about 5 months the later part of 2007.  Both reactions were right after I had sexual relations with a partner.  The coincidence led me to believe std related but negative tests say otherwise.  I myself feel lost and not sure what to do because from what ive been reading, it seems like the creams/moisturizers and medications do not really help so much.  
Hi. I have this very same problem.  I itch ALL OVER MY BODY. My arms, shoulders, back, neck, chest, stomach, legs. I started itching bout 5-6 months ago. For some reason it went away for a few weeks and came back again, but worse. This second time around, I've been itching for 2-3 months. Last week I noticed a lump on my right side where my thigh begins. Right at the joint. I also noticed a few red spots. Which is strange because I'd itch but there wouldn't be any marks on my skin. I look normal. I went to see my doctor and he told me I had shingles. Which explains the red spots and the lump. He put me on Valtrex (sp?) and I've been taking it for the past 4 days. I noticed the overall itch has gotten much much worse and still have no clue why it's so bad!!
Why are there so many people getting sick with unexplained reasons. Is this a phenomenon!  This is scary!  
I am itching too... and I'm not joking!!! It's just everywhere here and there and it really does drive you nuts... I don't have any idea why... I came here to see what was wrong with everyone else. Ok so you have absolutely no answers. Guess I'll go to the doctor... LOL

I will say, it started out with my hands and feet. When I wake up it is a horrible warm "desperate" itch that has to be dealt with NOW! feeling... Understand what I mean by that? Even my lips.. mine has been going on for 2 weeks. No visable signs, no other symptoms. Well.. wait there is double vision and loss of muscle strength but I personally write that off as being so tired from lack of sleep and overdosing of benedryl. Good luck everyone and I hope God blesses you with a good night sleep.

Has anybody tried Reflexology for this? You'd be amazed at the results it can have as it can be used to stimulate the adrenal gland which releases cortisole.
Also try eating lots of salad, fruit and raw veg as these are all cooling foods.
Im training to be a reflexologist at the mo and my tutor (who is an amazing woman) has a theory that things which irritate/stress you emotionally can irritate/stress you physically.
Maybe look at what irritates irritates you in your life and try to relax about it.
Plenty of deep breathing etc.
Hope you all find some relief soon.
I left a comment on here one day.. I too was searching for an answer to my itching issues... Doctors were not helpful at all... they only made me feel like I was insane...

I googled like mad. One day I ran into this thing called SELENIUM. It is found in everything. Trust me it took hours and hours to find it. But just so happened when my symptoms started I had a gluttony for BRAZILIAN NUTS! Everytime I felt bad, I sat down with a nut bowl. well? nuts are supposed to be GOOD FOR YOU. but with the nuts, cigarettes and TEA which I always drink... i was overdosing on selenium. Of course the doctor laughed it off... thought I was nuts.. Come to find out, I slow down on my selenium intake, the itch... not so bad and I KNOW that is what it is...

The doc was testing me for the flu, in which I knew I didn't have! And then, he calls to tell me he's prescribing an antibiotic because he thinks I have a virus...

I refused the antibiotic, searched for a new doctor for future reference and laughed at them.. they thought my selenium poisoning was insane, and they were prescribing a freakin zpac for a VIRUS??? DOCTORS need to back off the computer and start thinking with what they know!

i have the ITCH my sister had it first and then i developed it after visiting her and sleeping in the same bed. her boyfriend now has it too. its hell. i itch all over. sometimes not for an hour or so but most of the time at least some part of me has uncontrollable itching. mostly its my thighs, abdomen, buttocks, chest and arms. nothing helps and there is absolutely no symptoms. no bumps, rash, or anything.

my sister has tried a million different medications and i have tried many different oils and herbal remedies. nothing helps at all. i usually wake up in the morning and have to itch for at least an hour before i start my day. it is the worst in the morning.

my sister has been to 6+ doctors and no one can help.