Dermatology Community
53.5k Members
Avatar universal

Foreskin rash

So since I have become somewhat sexually active I have notcied differences in the skin around my uncircumsized penis. Ever since I can remember, I have always had some irritated or kind of cracked /slightly bumpy skin on my foreskin, which is visible only when retracted. Yet recently I have been feeling a slight itchy discomfort every now and then throughout the day on my foreskin. I recently noticed that the abnormal looking skin appears to be more present. I have shown this problem to a dermatologist about 2 months ago, and he told me that I just happen to have very sensitive skin, and as it went for the rashy looking skin that it was njot an std or anything. I have forsyde spots and penile pearly papules, so could this be the cause? I am just concerned because I can't find any pics online that are excat to what I have, but have noticed that it can slightly resemble a bit like genital warts, but they've always looked like it and like 4 doctors have told me that it isn't anything. Should I be worried? I did get like 2 blow jobs within the last month, but they were people I knew that get checked regularly and don't have an std (from what we've discussed). So what should I do? What could it be?
2 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
I cannot confirm anything without examination but this rash can be due to friction rub during intercourse or masturbation. It does not sound like genital warts which present as cauliflower like growths on the genitalia. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.
Avatar universal
Hello, haha 2 years later!! Anyways, i have the same problem as you do. I was wondering if you ever got it taking care off? Did it worked? what Bhupinder told you?
I had balinitis not to long ago a very bad case, than it left me with papilomas right after the balinitis was gone, the doctor priscribed me Imiquimod and between that and a mix of Ketonazol cream and Nistatin Creram they are almost gone. But now the foreskin have the same problem as the one above that curios had. Started by one little crack then spread all over, it getting better with this stuff i keep putting on, but it does not go away all the way, and it gets worse if i masturbate or have sex with my wife. Could it be that all this creams are ******* me up, and i just have to stop putting it on? maybe let the skin heal on its on? Breath maybe... any thoughts please guys

Bhupinder any thoughts?

Thanks guys
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions