Redness/Rash above upper lip

Hi!

I have had a rash above my upper lip for awhile now.  It is in between the upper lip and my nose directly in the center and only in the center.  It is slightly red and looks like there are wrinkled ridges.  It burns when I put hydrocortisone or any moisturizer on it.  I put vaseline on it b/c I thought it was dry skin and that does not bother it but it does not make it better either.  I am not sure what it would be.  It does not look like perioral dermatitis.  Any idea of what it might be?

Thank you!

Do you frequently blow your nose or rub your nose?

Do have allergic rhinitis or allergies?

Differentials may include seborrheic dermatitis, allergic dermatitis, and atopic dermatitis. Streptococcal infections may involve the said area but they usually present with crusting and pustular lesions.Fungal infections may also present in the face.

Keep the area dry. Avoid placing any cream or moisturizer until the cause has been diagnosed. If this is an infection , the creams may aggravate it. Seek consult with your primary physician since a visual inspection may be able to help differentiate the differentials  I posted.

keep in touch.
I very often keep on getting burning rashes above and below my lips. It is mostly on my bottom lip, It hurts when it touches salty things and when I breath on it or any type of wind blows on it. I am not sure if I am allergic to anything. I dry to keep it dry but it still burns and I constantly lick my lips when it burns or I put ice cubes on it.
i've had this rash for years.My upper lip gets red and itchy,its happends when it wants to!! i hate it. I also have sensative skin and also have eczema.I dont know what this could be or a cream that maybe i could use top prevent this? I also cant wear any lip products beside vaseline or ill break out.
I have had a red,dry upper lip for 7 months now. I have a ton of food allergies but have been off them for a while. I also get very deep cuts and gashes on my upper and lower lip. It kills when I water gets in the cuts which makes it very difficult to wash my face. The only thing that soothes it is vaseline but that does not make it any better. Any help? :(
Is there a possibility I may be allergic to an ingredient in a protein shake I've been drinking? The company changed the formula slightly and it's irritating my digestive system and I've had a very dry, slightly swollen, somewhat numb upper lip for several days that does not improve with vaseline, a&d lotion or dry skin cream. My lower lip is fine. I haven't had the shake in a couple days.  How long will the symptoms last once I've stopped drinking the shake?  
I have the same problem, a red rash above my lip (under my nose) with ridges in it, I am not allergic to anything I know of and have had this for many months. I have tried lots of creams and different types of moisturisers and I do not believe it is an infection, as I have asked around 6 doctors and they prescribe me eczema cream, which just flares or makes the redness worse, when I wake up the skin is very dry and it is very red, causing me to apply more moisturiser, I really do not know what to do, please help.
i LIVE with this issue.. all my life. i have seen derm. when i was younger and nothing helped... except.. Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP 30g!! i dont have any health issues. i'm not allergic to anything. i have mild dry skin.. in general, but this is an odd problem i deal with. i have tried everything! the only thing that helped a little is washing the area with warm water, putting a little bit of peroxide, and vasaline cream.. not oitment, that would make it worse, ANYTHING OILY MAKES IT WORSE. now i am putting the nystatin, triam. acetonide cream on. and it is wonderful. it is a yellow paste, and i put it over night for about 3 nights and it clears up, and i take loratadine 10g.. and it actually works. now i have lost my insurance and can not get the cream without prescription.. so i'm screwed. i hope this helps. i'm on a search to find what exactly causes this and if there is anything over the counter that works as well as that cream! good luck all.