Sever itching hands

For the last two weeks my hands (the palms and between my fingers)will begin to itch periodically without warning. When I scrath them it only gets worse, the itching is intensified and they begin to burn. I have tried multiple things to relieve it but to no avail. It starts and stops continully through out the day and there is no one indicator of what might be causing it. I am worried that it might be my liver or gallbladder due to stones in my gallbladder. Or could it be decreased tissue perfussion to my hands? I know just enough to get into trouble and am concered about this due to the fact that I have tried everything and it does not seem to go away. I changed my soaps, lotions, and detergents. I have tried Benadryl and creams applied to the skin, they do not phase the itching. Please help.

Thank you
Hi there did you get any answers to your problem?  I have exactly the same things and its driving me nuts!
Me too.  I just increased my Lexapro dose from 15mg to 20mg, but can find no correlation between the two.  The more I scratch my hands the more they itch.  I wondering if peri-menopause is a factor?  When my hands are engaged in activity they are fine, but when I stop--the itching is intense.  Yesterday I kept holding ice cubes to calm them down.  What the heck is this?
My hands itch so bad scratching with my nails and interlocking my finger of both hands and rubbing causes a relief while doing this that reaches a level of cessation. Then 5 minutes later it returns with more intensity. This continues for close to an hour sometimes. By this time my hands are burnng hot and swollen to more than twice their size lasting into the next day. Very hot water helps. You'll know how hot. Then a freezer bag filled with ice. Thats all I can help with. I'm still searching the web.
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM CAN YOU HELP ME???????????
It is 2 a.m. and I am sitting here with such intense itching it is about to drive me nuts.  I actually have had this problem before, but at that time I also suffered with itching on the soles of my feet.  I consulted a naturpath who conducted a hair analysis that determined that I was copper toxic.  My body did not have enough copper, so it was holding on to every bit it could.  When he put me on supplements, copper being one of them all the itching stopped, almost immediatley. This was about 20 years ago, when I was pregnant with my daughter.  This has recently  come back, so maybe I am suffering from the same ailment.  
I am also suffering from the same problem. It started out of the blue a couple of day ago. Why is this happening and what how can this be treated??????
I am having the same problem.  My itching started about 3 weeks ago and has not gone away.  It is amazing to see that others have the same condition.  The itching will drive you crazy.  Just like you all the itching comes and goes with out cause. I plan to go to the doctor next week but just wanted to know if anyone has found a treatment or a cause?  Thanks for your help.....
I am having the same problem as mentioned above and my hands get red and hot (maybe it's from all the itching). If anyone knows what this problem is, please e-mail me! ***@****. Thanks!
I am having the same problem for the last month.  I can't stand the itching & the pain. I've done med searches, to see if any of the meds I'm on can cause this, and no luck.  The more I think about it the more they itch.  I've checked online to see if this is the cause of some underlying disease, i.e. kidney disease, but, again no luck!!  I need help!!!!!  thanks...:)
I too have just started having this problem, mine starts early evening and drives me crazy until i cant stay awake any more, during the day it doesn't itch nearly half as much. After the birth of my second son i suffered with severe itching but this was all over and turned out to be an over active Thyroid gland pireton tablets where the only thing that helped until i saw a consultant.
However this is quite different, and compared to some other peoples conditions i feel i would be wasting a GP's time with this, if i don't go though i think I'll go mad.
Has anyone managed to tie this down to something??
I still have no cure after 3 years! I thought it was stress at the start, no i think that it is the change in weather and temperature. I itch and itch and my fingers get fat and sore and even start to leak with a clear fluid. its gross and very embarrssing. Doctor said not to use E45 and Aquius Cream because it will feed it. I once used a Oilitum Plus liquid that you add to water to moisten them up (as they crack when over dry).Doc has also given me some Double Base cream that will act as a barrier for when I wash up and shower. I need a cure very badly for the itching - I seem to wake up in the morning vigurously scratching my inflamed hands. I hope this doesnt happen on my wedding day - the ring wont fit!!!!!!!!!!!noooooooooo! Help If you have the same problem, I DO ALREADY PUT ICE CUBES IN A TEA TOWEL AND HOLD THAT FOR A WHILE, BUT CANT ALWAYS DO THAT IF IM OUT!
Help me x
Gemma
I have itching palms every morning.  It can last up to ten minutes and then goes away.  It is very frustrating when it is there and is followed by tingling sensation on the itched area and heat. I was wondering if it was circulation.  No one has posted a cause for this yet and I would love to get to the bottom of it.  It has happened every time I get up out of bed for the last three weeks.