Aa
A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Gestational Community
239 Members

gestational diabetes

I feel like I'm gonna be more stressed .... how long does it take to get a steady flow and grasp on this???
4 Responses
Don't stress and don't worry. It took me about a week and a half to adjust to the new diet. The first week or two you will lose weight and that is very common. I was relieved once I attended the GD class and found out what all I could and could not have. To my surprise, I was still able to enjoy the foods I love, just have to watch portion control and moderation of those things. You will be fine though. Good luck and best wishes!
7642836 tn?1410614640
Second week and im still getting used to it. I lost 4pounds but if I follow the foods I can eat my body works with me. It ***** bc I wanna eat pancakes and junk food all day but ill do anything for a healthy pregnancy and baby .. and ill be eating whatever I want once this baby pops! Only 8 more weeks for me so it could be worse
Gd isn't that hard really... I'm jealous of y'all with gd.. I'm a type  1 and it won't go away after she's here so just do your best for a healthy baby and be glad it's not worse
Im glad I don't have diabetes just gestational diabetes and i am trying very hard to control my sugars and it seems to be working thankfully. I am trying my hardest not to think about it. Only 50 days left :) and i hope my son is healthy that's all i'm worried about.
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.