Diabetes - Gestational Community
239 Members

gestational diabetes

I feel like I'm gonna be more stressed .... how long does it take to get a steady flow and grasp on this???
Don't stress and don't worry. It took me about a week and a half to adjust to the new diet. The first week or two you will lose weight and that is very common. I was relieved once I attended the GD class and found out what all I could and could not have. To my surprise, I was still able to enjoy the foods I love, just have to watch portion control and moderation of those things. You will be fine though. Good luck and best wishes!
Second week and im still getting used to it. I lost 4pounds but if I follow the foods I can eat my body works with me. It ***** bc I wanna eat pancakes and junk food all day but ill do anything for a healthy pregnancy and baby .. and ill be eating whatever I want once this baby pops! Only 8 more weeks for me so it could be worse
Gd isn't that hard really... I'm jealous of y'all with gd.. I'm a type  1 and it won't go away after she's here so just do your best for a healthy baby and be glad it's not worse
Im glad I don't have diabetes just gestational diabetes and i am trying very hard to control my sugars and it seems to be working thankfully. I am trying my hardest not to think about it. Only 50 days left :) and i hope my son is healthy that's all i'm worried about.