A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 2 Community
3.44k Members
1767171 tn?1328022442

Diabetes w PTSD weight loss programs

I have Type II Diabetes, which went untreated for about 3 years, so Ive gained about 45lbs over that time period.  I take both Metformin and Glipizide for the diabetes.  Here is my problem.  With all my meds I have zero appetite and eat maybe once/twice a day  and small meals at that.  With my PTSD I am unable to go outside the home for excercise without having panic attacks followed by seizures.  Does anyone know of a diet or excercise program  that I can do at home without killing myself in the process?
3 Responses
141598 tn?1355675363
For foods and recipes and weight loss see this
http://www.****.com/Home.aspx

For indoor exercises see this
http://tinyurl.com/indoor-exercise-plans
You can also do yoga or pilates too
1767171 tn?1328022442
Thank you for the links..they had some great ideas for excercises that I can do inside!  I did the crawling on the floor one, and made a game out of it with the kids, so they could laugh with me instead of at me, lol.  Unfortunately it's not that I need to diet, I need to eat more.  I'm only eating once a day, since my meds create a lack of appetite.  I need to figure out a way to increase my food intake, or maybe some snacks that are diabetes friendly that I can snack on throughout the day to increase my metabolism.
141598 tn?1355675363
I understand the no hunger feeling from meds as I have had those in the past. I eat 5-6 meals a day, munching on vegies, half-sandwiches, granola, leftovers, etc. I love to cook so I challenge myself to whip up something small and deelish not so much for hungers sake, but knowing that I need to fuel my body for energy. Once you push past the mental block you will regain your appetite - well, I did after a couple of months. I suggest you talk with a diabetic nutritionist to work on meal plans that best suit your lifestyle. Your doctor may have a referral or contact your local hospital as most have one on staff. Good luck

Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.