Diabetes - Type 2 Community

What carb substitutes do you recommend

Need ideas please.
Have you tried beans?
Beans are carby

some shred zucchini like spaghetti and say its really good
Oh, I didn't realize that. That's for the info!
any other recommendations?
The carbohydrates you should choose would be the ones that contain fibre and low sugar.

Porridge, Wheetabix, Shredded Wheat, fruit, vegetables, brown seeded bread instead of white.
Great! Thanks for the insights
Porridge, Wheetabix, Shredded Wheat, fruit  ALL contain significant amount of carbohydrates.  I cant eat any of those (in significant quantity,  1 spoon full is about it) without having BG climb to un healthy levels (over 140)

you NEED to use a BG meter to see what works for you.
Myself, I cant eat any of the aforementioned foods.  Lean meat (any type), freshest vegetables and lentils aren't too carby.  Lots of fiber and fiber will most often counter the carby spike.
Bulgar,  Himalayan red rice,  wild rice, Quinoa,  ate all supposed to be better than plain white rice. Research shows sourdough to be better than even what bread.  But ultimately tough have to try different things and check your blood after every meal and see what causes biggest spikes.   Like for me I just can't do potatoes.  
Around here we have shiritaki (sp) noodles, very low carb instead of spaghetti.  You got rinse them a lot before using
Something that is real good if you like potato salad is, make potato salad with cauliflower instead of potatoes.  So good!