Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Click when swallowing

I was wondering if someone could help me.  For a few weeks now I have this click in my throat when I swallow.  Not when I am drinking water or eating, but just during normal swallowing.  It doesn't click when my head is down or up, but it clicks when I am looking straight.  If I put my fingers just above adams apple I can feel a click.

Please help me to identify what it could be.

Thank you,
B
Click still there. Going to have ultrasound on thyroid tomorrow.

Bet it's not related.

Recently diagnosed with Lyme.

I bet it's related to that. My neck snaps, crackles and pops and since my esophogus is near my neck, well, it just joined in the fun.
:(  I thought he cured you by telling you that it was stress.  I was told that it could be a thyroid that's causing this click as well, but I never checked it.  
Let us know your results...
Results of thyroid NORMAL!  I was hoping that was it -- even though I hate bad news, I'd take it over not knowing why I awakened one day to not only neck popping like mad, but my throat!

I believe the ENT that said it was "throat crepitus" or globulus hystericus. It turns out is is most likely crepitus At least globulus hystericus is curable. My clicky throat is possibly related to what was later a diagnosis of Lyme. Am still seeking answers regarding LD and hopefully with the right treatment the "crepitus" will resolve in my throat and neck as well.

It ain't pleasant this throat click thing. Popcorn does not go down very smoothly!
Hey Cindy,
how's your click?  Is it any better?  About 4 days ago my sholder started to hurt and my wife asked me to take advil, so for a 3 days in a row I was taking 2 pills in the morning, I think when I take Advil my throat doesn't click as often.  It doesn't disappear completely, it still clicks here and there, but not as much.  Do you mind taking Advil for a few days in a row and see if it helps you as well?
Advil def seems to help my clicking.
I can try Advil. If it's an NSAID, I'm not surprised it works. Will let you know.

I am being treated for LD afterall. Bummer diagnosis since there's no cure.
Your problems sound exactly similar to mine, I have been diagnosed with a larngeal abnormality after an injury in which the superior cornu of the thyroid cartilage is rubbing against the hyoid bone, I had occipital headache, jaw and ear pain and crepitus when I rotate or press in on my throat, clicking with swallowing is a treatable condition if you search the medical literature, I am actually getting surgery at UCLA for this condition. See the forum on hyoid bone problems on this site and you will see a plethora of information regarding your possible conditions, what doctors know, and how to treat.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life