Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eating Disorders Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

food..

i cant eat food,,,except potatoes,peas.cold cooked ham,,,,,,that's all i can eat,,,everything else gives me nausea,,and an over all feeling of being ill,,,and i get mentally confused,,,and very emotional...if i stick to my diet am nearly normal,,and feel ok ,,,i know its my liver,,and the urea cycle,,,that's at fault,,,and that the mental confusion i get,is ammonia related,,,,what i need to know is,,,what kind of damage does long term high ammonia levels do to the liver,and body,,,and the ability to eat,,,,,had this for 20years,,,undiagnosed,,,,was told i had,m,e,....  i don't,,,,,change diet...low protein etc,,,and that really helped,,but find i cant eat even food with very low protein,,,,fruit bread milk.chocolate,,,,absolutely nothing else but  potatoes ham peas,,,,would liver damage, due to long term exposure ,stop me eating normally,,,yours sincerely
1 Responses
242532 tn?1269553979
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
This does not sound like an emotinal eating problem so you would be better of asking this question in one of the other medical forums...sorry...
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.