Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
21.9k Members

Anyone else adapted to Lentis Mplus lens after two months?

I originally posted this as a reply to another thread but thought I'd start my own as I'd like to get some opinions.   I had the Lentis M Plus lens implanted into my right eye 6 weeks ago.  The left eye implant that was planned for a week later was postponed indefinitely as I had massive ghosting/double vision and glare in the right, which caused me enormous distress and concern.  I have since had two other checkups, one was unscheduled as I was so worried, and my one month post-op was l2 weeks ago.  I was convinced that the lens was decentred but the optometrists say it’s perfectly centred.  It feels like I’m forcing my eye to see distance through the close up part of the lens.

I won’t name the clinic yet as I’m undecided whether I’m happy with them or not.  I’m trying to convince myself it’s getting better (but I don't think it is) so I’m keeping an open mind for now.  It’s only been 6 weeks, but they are easily the longest 6 weeks of my life!  As things stand, if my left eye had been done after a week and had the same effect, I would be almost housebound, I certainty would not have been able to drive.   I’m only a young 53, so I’m glad I still have a good untouched left eye (with a contact lens).

I have been assured that the eye/lens will “settle” and my brain will adapt, so I guess only time will tell.  The clinic will happily explant the Mplus lens (so they say) and replace with a monovision lens, but that really defeats the whole exercise, so I do want this to work.

Has anyone had experience of these bifocal type lenses being de-centred and re-positioned?  if not, I’d love to hear from anyone who had the same ghosting/blurred vision which lasted at least 5-6 weeks then cleared.

Anyone tried exercises to help with Neuroadaptation?  This company in the US will happily sell me their program for $500… http://www.revitalvision.com/
119 Responses
233488 tn?1310696703
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
-
Sorry, what does "-" mean?
233488 tn?1310696703
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
It maans I've read the post previous post and have no further comments.
Oh.  So does that mean the thread is closed?
-
hankhill, here is an article from CRSToday Europe where a a decentration of the lens is mentioned by a Doctor:

http://bmctoday.net/crstodayeurope/2010/05/supplement/article.asp?f=the-only-presbyopia-lens-with-hd-vision

"Auffarth: Since we have adequately outlined the strengths of the lens, I will discuss what could be seen as weaknesses. If you look at the patients in whom we encountered some problems, you will notice that they are all surgically related and not due to the lens itself. In one case, the lens was slightly decentered upward, and the patient looked through the near part in the distance. I had to explant the lens, but it was due to the off-centered rhexis."

Out of interest, do you have the +3.0D or the +1.5D MPlus?
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511758844
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.