Eye Care Community

Dilated pupil after macular hole and cataract surgery.

I had surgery just over a month ago for macular hole and cataract.  Some laser treatment was required and oil was used not gas.  I stopped using the eye drops (Maxitrol and Mydrilate) five days ago but the pupil is still permanently dilated.  My understanding was that the pupil should return to normal a few hours after stopping the drops. Will the eye return to normal?
In a light color eye (blue, gray, green) the drops can take several days to a week to wear off, faster in brown eyes. It is possible for the pupil to be permanently dilated following laser/cataract-IOL/macular hole/retinal detachment surgery.  Only time will tell. Discuss with your surgeon