Eye Care Forum

F/U Strabismus Surgery

So today is post op day 2 following muscle resection. My eye is still extremely red and scratchy, and double vision seems to be really severe and hasn't lessened "yet."  Just wondering if there is anything I could do to help kind of "speed" up the process of my brain compensating for the double vision?  I did absolutely nothing yesterday, and tried not to move my eyes much.  Looking left or right causes a sore sensation.   Haven't done any bending, and just for safety have not slept laying on that side.

Would doing activities that make my eyes really focus and move be detrimental?   Can I read or play FPS video games?   Would these activities help?  
Using your eyes will not hurt the outcome of surgery, and it is possible that this might help the re-alignment.  However, you need to contact your surgeon about the severe double vision.  Some amount of soreness is normal, and irritation could be caused by surface sutures, but check with your surgeon about how you are progressing.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.