Eye Care Forum

Glass in Eye?

Yesterday my iphone 5 cracked and I am paranoid that I got a piece of glass in my eye. Not directly from the phone, but I am afraid that a tiny shard of glass from the phone stuck to my finger before I rubbed my eye a few minutes later. Since last night, my right eye, the one I suspected to have been affected, seems to be slightly blurry sometimes, but not to the point of not being able to read. Very minor symptoms, which could just be in my head anyways. My question is: If I got a small piece of glass in my eye, would I definitely know? Or is it possible that I wouldn't even feel it and be causing damage just by letting it sit there?
If you had a fragment of glass on the surface of the eye, you would experience irritation, foreign body sensation, tearing, and pain if the cornea was scratched.  If you are still worried in a few days, see an ophthalmologist for an exam.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.