Eye Care Forum

Is there a treatment

I am a 30yr old female with high myopia (-22.5 R -20.5) I have lacquer cracks and fuchs spots on both eyes, more so on the right.......i keep being refered from one specialist to another, Most recantly after a trip to the eye causalty (where i was told there was nothing anybody could do for me) i have been refered back to the rentina specialist. I feel i am getting nowhere and would like to know if there is any chance of a treatment?

Many thanks
I'm really sorry but I have to refer you to my retinal specialist colleagues.  There is definitely no cure for your condition and treatments such as avastin are generally aimed at reducing the serious vision threatening complications such as choroidal neovascular membranes.  I would, in the meantime make sure you were taking a very complete antioxidant vitamin and dietary regimen including lots of antioxodants and lutein and xeanthine and omega three oils.  I'm sorry but I don't have a lot to add as far as trying to improve your problem, but mostly the preceding advise for trying to keep it as stable as possible.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.