Here's my situation (male, early 30s, no family history of glaucoma):
1. Seem to have baseline IOP of 21, which was up at 29 for a week following use of steroids
2. Peripheral vision seems just fine to me, but computer perimetry today showed I have very limited ability to perceive light flashes outside my central field of vision
3. Feel as though there's a very subtle black overlay to my visual field. Actually, it's not even an overlay, more like a quiet note in a musical chord, as though I see the world and the black simultaneously, but mostly see the world.
4. Both eyes look absolutely normal to ophthalmologists, no evidence of retinal or other damage (but I do have giant papillary conjunctivitis from contact lens wear)
1. More myopic
2. Had severe stabbing pain for 2 days
3. More affected by (3) above
4. Occasionally see "floaters"
My ophthalmologist seems very competent, but very busy. Interactions are very short. I don't understand what's going on really. Any advice on reading material to inform me? Anything I should be asking him?
Thank you. And thanks to Dr. Hagan for providing some great answers previously.