Eye Care Forum

Photophobia for 4 Years

I have had photophobia for the past 4 years. I have seen several eye doctors and neurologists and no one has an explanation or can help me in any way. I get after images of bright objects. It's especially bad if I have to drive at night-when I see headlights and look away, I still see them for a few seconds. I have to make sure I wear sunglasses outside-even on cloudy days. I work on computers all day and end up staring at the screen for hours on end and I wonder sometimes if this has caused my problem. I notice it gets worse if I have to do a project on the computer that requires several hoursof staring at the screen. My eyes also constantly feel dry and irritated and I have a lot of floaters(not really concerned about them,as I have had them since I was 12,and I am now 47). About once a year I get a migraine with an aura-again doctors have told me not to worry about it. This photophobia really disrupts my life and I just wish I had answers as to what is causing it and if anything can be done or this is something i wil have to deal with for the rest of my life.
Please see an eye specialist in uveitis.

Dr. O.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.