Eye Care Forum

Recovery from eye cosmetic surgery

Three months ago today I had mid face, lower face, brow lift, and lower cosmetic eye surgery to remove a little fat and skin.  The mid facelift and brow lift was done with endotines which I can still feel in cheeks and hairline.  My problem has been with under eye blesphaplasty. I have a hard lump under left eye which appeared a few weeks ago. I massage daily but has not helped. The irony is immediately after the surgery, my right under eye area was the problem. It has finally healed and now the left under eye area has the lump.  No pain is involved, only some minor dry eye at night. Plan on calling my plastic surgeon again next week and schedule an appointment.  I am having some agony over this due to worry.  I do take medication for thyroid. Could this be a problem?
Dear patsy806,

I would recommend that you speak with your plastic surgeon.  It is possible that this might represent a reaction to the suture; however, without an examination, it is impossible to determine the appropriate diagnosis.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.