Eye Care Forum

Retinitis Pigmentosa and Staphyoma

Hi, all, I'm trying to find as much information as possible.. I was diagnosed in 2003 with Retinitis Pigmentosa, and staphyloma in 2013. My vision is decreasing very rapidly. My prescription last year was -8.75 and -7.25, but  I know it is worse now. They tell me this is very bad nearsightedness?
I don't know what to do.
You have moderately high myopia, which can be associated with staphyloma formation.  I do not know whether this is cause of the vision problem, or the RP.  I recommend that you see a retina specialist, if you have not already done so.  
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.