Eye Care Forum

Small white mass on the eyeball

My friend a small white mass on her eye.  Its been there for about a week now. It causes her eyes to be bloodshot and her eyes run almost constantly.  She said its painful and it scratches on here eyelid/socket probably causing the pain.  The use of eye drops stops the pain for a few minutes
I suspect you mean a bump on the white of the eye.  It would statistically be most likely to be a pinguecula that has become irritated.  Other possibilities include a foreign object or a corneal ulcer both of which can be very dangerous.  It is very important for her to see an ophthalmologist right away since she could have a very serious problem.

MJK MD
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.