genetic odds

I have 2 children-one of them was born with congenital cataracts  I was not born with cataracts nor was her father.  However, my grandfather on my fathers side of the family is thought to have had congenital cataracts.  My father nor any of his children did not inherit this condition.  Three of my first cousins on my fathers side were also born with cataracts and none of their parents had cataracts themselves.  My little girls opthamologist believes the condition to be hereditary.  I must be  a carrier of this genetic problem as my father also must have been a carrier and passed the carrier status onto me.  I am wondering what are the chances of my future offspring being born with this condition are.  I know i carry the trait but am unsure about the odds.   Thank you anyone's help would be greatly appreciated  I know this is SUPER confusing but I don't know any other way to ask this question.
Read more
Follow - 1
Upvote - 0
I am not a genetecist so I really don't want to take any chances of giving you false information.  When you get ready to have more children, you need to have a consultation with a genetecist.  I will look to see if there is a genetic specialist on this site also.  Sorry, but you need to get the right information about something important like this.