History: I am 40, male. Previously I was very healthy with the hobbies of regular yoga and meditation, running 20 miles a week, trecking in the mountains, etc, and never had any health problems. Always have good eating habits. But on sept 15, 2001 I had sexual encounter with a 25 years old woman that I met through internet. The encounter includes deep kissing, and genital fondling without condom and also brief penetration with condom. I am married since last 6 years and this is the only encounter I had outside of marriage.
1. with in 3 days from the exposure developed intense penile itching due to yeast infection and it took 6 weeks of nystatin cream treatment to cure.
2. from 2nd or 3rd week crystal clear urine turned into yellow color, foamy and bubbles in the urine.
3. 3rd week allover the body developed tingling which lasted a month.
4. With in two or three weeks from the exposure developed lack of energy at the joints and muscles so quit all my physical activities.
5. developed profound fatigue, severe joint and muscle pains with in 5 weeks from the exposure.
6. Headaches. burning of eyes, redness of eyes.
7. Exactly 35 days from the exposure the right side parotid gland swollen for 3 days.
8.At the same time the hard bumps appered on the tounge including tip and sides of the tounge. some other lesions also appear. These all are non painful. tounge started feeling of burnng and started appering red/ pink color.
9. Mucas forming in the mouth and tounge.
10. throat clearing developed.
11. headache, eye pain dveloped I think sinusitis
12. Stomach upsets developed with in 5 weeks from the exposure. Too much gas formation, Bowel movement became abnormal, stool, apperance and color changed. Long and hard stools, with undigested food. and also rectal itching developed.
13. lost approximately 10 lbs from 160 to 150 but some weight is back now 154lbs.
14. Feeling of toxins or poisonness in the body.
(i did not develop fever or sore throat during this period. If I develop fever i did not notice)
Doctors visites: Infectious specialist, allergy specialist, ENT, dentist, Internists, Gastroenterologist.
1. Semen PCR test: Ureaplasma Urealyticum positive
2. Mycoplasma General blood PCR positive from one lab but negative from other lab. Blood PCR tests for specific Mycoplasmas(homnis, Pneumonai,genitalium, sallivarium, fermantans, penetrans are negative from both labs.
3. Candida in urine analysis
4. ALT and Bilurubin levels elevated first 3 months but they are normal now.
5. IGG subclass-3 slightly elevated above the normal level
6. Natural killer Cell function is slightly below the normal range.
7. candida blood PCR test was positive in the beginng ut became negative later.
8. in the beginng slightly elevated protein but later normal.
Normal Tests: HIV-1 and 2 and viral load(6 months after): negative, HSV-1 and 2 are negative both culture and antibodies, CMV antobody is negative, syphilis , C & G are negative. several urine culturea and throat cultures are normal.hepatitis a, b, C and E are normal. several WBC with differentialblood tests are normal. Blood PCR tests of EBV, HHV-6, chlamydia, uraplasma are normal. CD-4 is normal. HTLV 1 and 2 tests are nrmal.
Lupus, ANA, smooth muscle, protien, thyroid and all other regulatr auto immune and health tests are normal.
EBV AB test results:
EBV VCA IGM (this test is done 100 days from the exposure: .53, EBV VCA IGG: 1.30,, EBNA Igg: 5.4, Early antigen D.: .45. ( .90 is positive). So the interpretation ws past infection.
I was treated 5 months ago with Diflucan, Nystatin, and sporonaax for fungal infection . Some symptoms are reduced but still most of the symptoms are chronic and persistant.
Still fatigue, weakness, Joint and muscle pains, yellow urine,
bumps on the tounge, Redness and burning of tounge, Eye burnng and pain, Mucas in the mouth, throat clearing, gas formation in the stomach is present but the sevearity is some what reduced.
First time 5 days back the feeling of toxins in the body is reduced large extent so started doing yaoga nad runnng. But other symptoms are there.
One doctor thinks I developed Chronic EBV viral infection and says that IGM is negative because the test was done after 3 months. But other doctor says EBV is not causing the problem but thinks mycoplasma, and also he says that once EBNA is positive EBV does not cause theproblem. I have prescription of cipro, doxy/mino, and zithro, diflucan, sporonaax, to use it. But I am not taking still. your help is needed in diagnosis of my problem.
Q1. what is your analysis of my infection and also your detailed diagnosis of my problem? Please note the girl whom I exposed has yeast and bacterial vaginitis during that time . She also told me later that she has all the symptoms since two years including occasional swelling of right parotod gland and bumps on the tounge. But she does not know the problem because her STD tests are normal.
Q2) do you suggest any more tests? Because I am nt taking anti biotics still because this medecene may inhibit the diagnosis of other bacteria if any thing is there? So do you want me to wait or i can take this medecene now?
Q3) Doxy or Mino cyclene which one is better?
Q4) Do you think my problem is chronic EBV or mycoplasma or candida or other or combination? plesse help.