Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Calling All Women of Strength!!!

A Strong Woman VS. A Woman Of Strength

A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape…
But a woman of strength builds relationships to keep her soul in shape.

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything…
But a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of fear.

A strong woman won't let anyone get the better of her…
But a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone.

A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future…
A woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be unexpected blessings and capitalizes on them.

A strong woman wears a look of confidence on her face…
But a woman of strength wears grace.

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey…
But a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will become strong.

Author Unknown.

*********************************************************************
Michelle: You have our continuing support & prayers!!!

Leighanne: 2/10/09 Jaedyn Michael was born beautiful & healthy!
Check out his pics!!!

Vortex: 4/20/2009 Had her baby girl Sahana!!! Congrats! :) Posting pics soon!

Joyce: BFP - 37 weeks!!! It's a boy!!! =)
Jessie: BFP - 31 weeks!  
ArmyPrincess - 30 weeks
Stacey: BFP!!! 24 weeks! (appt 5/25)
Kaylee_Frye: BFP- 19 weeks & It's a girl!!! =)
Luvkayln:  BFP!!! 8 weeks!!! (u/s 5/26!)

Arlotheslug:  Adoption in June!
Keyan:  lap 6/3
DreamingofaSon:  TR in December
ad_06:  Moving forward ;)
Mommyin10:  Moving forward with IVF!
Naf:  Consultation 5/26!

Guesito:  Started Estrace, progesterone tomorrow, FET 5/22!

pyar:  Awaiting AF...

Mareski:  CD4 (consultation tomorrow)
dnikki:  CD4
Candie: CD9
jmh2005:  CD14
Mrspace:  CD17
Lina:  CD29

Rachjas: 9dpo!
Hannah:  10dpo! (+opk!?)
***********************************************

Okay, so now I'm completely excited to move forward with IVF.  I spoke to my RE's office today & here's the plan.  I'll go in on CD3 for bloodwork & I'll start my bcp's then.  We'll submit our application for the program which allows 3 fresh/3frozen transfers that day & will know if we're accepted within a couple of days.  There's a chance they won't accept me because of my small uterus, thinking it's more of a gamble for them, but my RE has written a letter also explaining why I'm a good candidate ;)  If I'm not accepted, then we still move forward, but we'd just be paying for each IVF cycle, rather than the plan that combines 6 transfers. The only reason we wouldn't move forward with IVF this next cycle is if my blood test results aren't good, meaning my egg reserve is too low.  So, at this point, it looks like we're moving forward & although I still haven't gotten a +opk yet, we're not going to try this cycle.  I still worry about my thin lining & possibly having another m/c because of it, so we'll just wait til CD3 and move forward ;)  I'm excited!

Luvkayln:  I hope you had a great time at the wedding!  I'm sure you did ;)  Yes, I'm glad dh went with me, too, because even when I left our appt, I wasn't sold on IVF.  I was more bummed out that "my plan" wasn't going forward!  Haha!  And also, taking in all the info we were given.  So, when we left our appt, it was good to hear dh's good reasoning & then digest all the info we were given & yes, this is our best option, so we're happy about it.  

Hannah:  I commented on the question you posted, but a +opk at 10dpo could be a BFP...  unless you're O'ing much later than you thought...  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!  Update us asap & Happy Belated b-day.  I hope you had a great time! :)

dnikki:  How was your u/s yesterday?
mommyin10 i doubt i would o twice lol i will bd just in case anyway but i am so confused lol i hope its good but opks always mess you around dnt they x
ooops....I posted on the old thread.....

Wow....I am finally getting caught up and have time to respond to everyone!  Last week got a bit crazy at work.  Since I only have 3 months left, they have decided to take me off all my current projects and put me on a "special project" for the next 2.5 months.  So I was in meetings for almost the whole day Friday!  Then I made a last minute decision to go see my sister yesterday and stay over for the night.  It was nice.  We went for dinner and I got to spend time with my nephew Alexander (almost 2yrs now!) and my fur-nephew Chase (yellow lab).  Thanks so much for the 24 week notes!!  I am really happy to get to this point.  I celebrated yesterday by buying a couple of sleepers for Jake...and my sister gave me a whole bag of baby clothes!  I'm starting to get excited.  Ok...now for the important stuff:

Mommyin09 - Goodness...what a rollercoaster ride for you!  I was not expecting this out of your consultation either.  But the thought of reducing just sounds awful.  If this is the safest way to get you your healthy baby then go for it.  You know I am obviously a fan of IVF and it really really works for so many.  You are a great candidate because you already got pregnant on your own and this will take care of your lining issues.  I wish there was a simpler and cheaper way for you but once you get your BFP you won't even think about the money. (Is the insurance group application to cover some of the costs??) And more importantly, you have the best chance of not having another m/c and bringing home that healthy baby - better for you and for baby!  I really hope you can start on your next CD3!!!  It sounds like you have wrapped your head around it and you really just need to get this plan finalized.  I hear you about getting frustrated when plans change because there is so much you are managing between the physical, emotional and other ttc options...not to mention dh.  And I think you should definitely try on your own this cycle...and take the progesterone right away!  Really take it easy over the tww and let the little guy implant really good!!  I am just so hopeful for you and I have this really good feeling for you.  It's going to happen soon...maybe not next month or the next month... but very soon my friend!!  (of course I am going to rub Jake raw for this cycle!!!)  And of course I am more than happy to answer any questions about IVF for you and Rachjas!!!  Ask away...anything!!!  As Luvkayln said your first cycle is bcp so it really takes 2 cycles to get through the first IVF retrieval and transfer.  it would be great if you could get started.

Luvkayln - Happy belated 8 weeks!!!  I remember getting to 8 weeks and it sounded so much further along than 6 weeks! :)  You are moving along so nicely!  I remember I bought my first maternity clothes at 9 weeks and I really needed them!!!  Glad you had a nice shopping trip and I look forward to what your creative little self is putting together for July 4 for Kayln!

Dnikki - How did your u/s go?

Hannah - Happy belated birthday!!  Interesting about opk test...when in doubt bd!!

Guesito - So sorry about your friend :(  She is lucky to have you because you completely understand what she is going through.  I hope she gets her BFP again real soon so you can both be pregnant together!  I am so so excited for your FET!!!

Candie - Hope the weather was nice and Nittany had a great time at the dog walk!  And for a great cause.  What testing are you going through now?  Still blood or are you having u/s too?  Are you counting down the days until your cruise??

Arlotheslug - What's going on with you??  Are you getting ready for the adoption!?!

Joyce - Congrats on the little boy! At least you know 100%.  Have you thought of a name??

Mrspace - Glad you had a nice time with your sis and that the puppies are doing so well.

Keyan - How are you friend??  What's going on with your page??  Hope you are having a good weekend!

Ok....time to take care of my fur-baby!!!

It's a long weekend here so I have tomorrow off too.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone and SSBD!  
Stacey
Mommyin09 - We were posting at the same time except I was on the old thread! :)
I am really really excited for you.  Your RE sounds great and he is spending a lot of time with you and making sure you are doing the best for you and your baby.  Yay!!!  And since you are starting next cd3 I think holding off this cycle is the best thing.  Start preparing yourself now and it may not seem like it now but the time really will fly by.  I am bursting with excitement for you!!!  Send over your questions if you have some! :)  
Hannah:  No, I didn't think you would O twice, but remember your opks were confusing this cycle, so I was thinking maybe you didn't actually O back then...  Of course I'm hoping that's not true & that your +opk means a BFP =)  Good luck & let us know asap!!!

Stacey:  Thanks! =)  I know I wrote a book on our thread throughout this weekend, but now I'm totally satisfied with our plan of action!  I'm so excited that we can start on cd3 & yes, I'm sure time will fly because there will be so much involved.  I will definitely be asking you lots of questions! =)  How fun to spend the night with your sister!!!  I miss being able to do that more often.  That's so exciting, too, that you bought Jake a few sleepers & that your sister gave you baby clothes!  I know you were waiting til now to allow yourself to "celebrate" & I'm so, so happy for you!!!
P.S. The application process is for a program where we are guaranteed 3 fresh/3frozen transfers & if we don't get pregnant by the end, we receive 70% of our money back.  It's $19,000 (+meds, etc.) compared to one IVF attemp at $10,000 +meds, etc.  The program might not accept us because of my uterus, but my RE called today to tell me he's already written a letter to explain why I would be a good candidate ;)  So, we'll just hope we're accepted.  If not, we'll still go forward.  It'll just be more money in the long run if we have the need for more than one transfer.
mommyin09- Wow! I hope you are accepted to your program. That's a great deal. I think that you have a good chance with your RE backing you up! I will not do BCPs. Since my cycles tend to be 'normal' they told me I wouldn't have to.  (This cycle, I O'd later so it is a little longer. I am expecting AF tmw!) I will call on CD 1,  CD 3 for b/w for ovarian reserve and baseline u/s to check for cysts. I have never had CD 3 bloodwork before. I guess due to my age. I hope that it's o.k. I don't need another thing to worry about. Then, on CD 21 I will go in for a Progesterone check. If all is good, I will start Lupron on CD 22. AF should arrive, RE said, a week or so later. Then, I will start stimming. When are you expecting AF? How long will you be on BCPs?
mommyin10
yeah true i remember but i still got a dark line like the on i have now 10 days ago and then it went faint for 3 days then nothing untul today so its confusing but like i say i will bd and not get my hopes up opks are unreliable at the best of times

and i hope you get on that scheme it sounds very good its all so much more expensive in america than england x
To: All
Just unloaded everything from the RV.. We had a great time!!! I don't know if you guys know but Im a dare devil who loves 4 wheelers, Dirt bikes and love riding. Anyhow we went camping and my butt is sored we rode all day yesterday. I sank my Dirt bike in a pond and god all muddy "You couldnt even see my face... Kids and DH laughed so hard!  It was a great because we got away didnt think about IVF,FET ect....We stayed up all night looking at the foxes,armadillos,Deers, and racoons eating our bread!

Back to reality now... Im feeling ok. Have a dr's appt for Blood work tomorrow. Friday is the day girls.. Please pray for my sanity and for a BFP. XOXOXXO
rachjas:  That's great that AF is expected tomorrow! How exciting, you are well on your way!!! =)  I'm still waiting for a +opk.  I'm guessing my cycle is delayed due to my m/c.  I usually O around cd15, and it's now cd19.  So, I've still got about 2 weeks to go ;)  I believe that once I start bcps, I'll be on them for 2 weeks.  I have everything written down, but not with me right now.  Well, I'm glad to have you leading the way.  Come on, AF! =)

Hannah:  I see.  Well, let's hope you log on with some good news tomorrow ;)
I can't believe your FET is this Friday!  I'm glad you had such a great time with your family this weekend & were able to get your mind away from ttc for even a short time.  Good luck tomorrow!!! =)
Wow...sounds like such an amazing time!  You are definitely a dare devil!!!  I'm a big chicken :)  Glad you were able to clear your mind and really enjoy some time with the family before your big week.  I will definitely pray for your BFP (and sanity!) over the next few weeks.  It will be tough but remember that stress is not good!  So really try to relax and keep your mind busy.  I know...easier said than done but I think it's very important.
Take care and good luck with your u/s!
I really hope you get accepted!  That would be great peace of mind for you guys!  It's sooo expensive isn't it??  But, definitely worth it.  So gald your RE is supporting you and going the extra mile to help.  It makes such a difference.  Come on +opk!!!  I am so excited for you to move on from this cycle!!