Avatar universal

Fluid in pelvis and cervix, calcification in canal, intramural fibroids, ovary RI

I have 38-60 day cycles and always irregular. Here recently, they've become much heavier, MUCH more painful, and last much longer. I have a continual sensation of pressure, fullness, and tenderness in my lower abdomen, almost as though I have a UTI (no UTI). These are the results of my latest ultrasound, but my midwife didn't explain any of this or what the results mean. She seemed very perplexed, mentioned possible adhesions, and gave me a very strong antibiotic to take for the next month. I'm 32, married, had a c-section 4.5yrs ago, diagnosed with Lupus and Sjogren's Disease. We are hoping to have another baby, but is it possible with these results?

Uterus: 9.6 x 5.3 x 4.8cm (Fluid collection seen at cesarean section scar - 0.9 x 0.5 x 1.2cm)

Cervix: Small amount of fluid seen in cervical canal - 0.4cm; Calcification in canal - 0.8 x 0.2cm

Endo: 1.3cm

Fibroids:  Posterior intramural - 2.2 x 1.5 x 1.7cm

Right Ovary:  4.2 x 3.7 x 1.7cm
Right Ovary RI: 0.31

Left Ovary:  4.0 x 3.1 x 2.0cm
Left Ovary RI:  0.42


Cul-de-sac: WNL
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
I'm so sorry you're facing this condition. I'm afraid I cannot be of much help here with any test results.  moreover it's sad to hear that your midwife didn't explain things to you. .at least tried to..You've mantioned fibroids. Those are quite common in women in their 30s and 40s. Fibroids can interfere with implantation of the fertilized egg. that's why I'd consider this a serious obstacle.   Statistics show that 30% of women who start trying to conceive are able to fall pregnant on the first menstrual cycle (1 month). 60% achieve it after 3 cycles (about 3 months), while 80% will get pregnant after 6 cycles (about 6 months). 85% of women are able to become pregnant after one year of unprotected sexual intercourse.
So in practice, if after 1 year, and provided that you are 30 years old or younger, pregnancy does not occur, you should visit a fertility specialist. If you’re 35 years or older, this period is reduced to 6 months. You may find yourself in latter situation. That's why my advice is that you should seek help from fertility expert. you know what they say… Hope is the last thing to die! I believe a professional will find the best solution for you. Stay strong and take good care of yourself.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410898886
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568490209
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.