Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

PCOS and clomid, trying for a second baby

I am 32 years old, have an 8 month old son at home. I was diagnosed with PCOS (although I do not meet the overweight criteria).  To get pregnant with my son, I had to go through 8 rounds of clomid:  I didn't respond to 50mg or 100mg.  finally got pregnant on 150mg clomid.  

Want to try for a second.  I didn't get my period post partum, so had to take provera.  Tried one month but turned out still not ovulating on my own.  Dr. wants to give me provera to bring on period and then do 50mg clomid.

Question is:  Since I didn't respond to 50mg clomid the first time around, is it possible, post pregnancy, to respond this time to 50mg?  I wanted to start on a higher dose, but dr's rules.  
I would ask him. I am not familiar with this. Good luck to you.