Husband & i been TTC for almost 3 years now. Back in 2012 i was found to have a pretty big fibroid in my uterus, which was then removed, along with 2 cysts - one in each tube. Then in 2014, another fibroid was detected and removed. My ObGyn also found that one of my tubes was badly damaged, due to one of the cysts that were there before, and made the decision to remove the tube. So now i'm left with one tube and 2 ovaries. Since then we have been told that we have to go for IVF, as my husband's sperm count is also on the low side.
But at my last appointment with my ObGyn, it was found that another collection of fluid is present in the uterus. He says he needs to remove that, and also suspects that it could be caused by my remaining fallopian tube, which is swollen. So in order to maximise the outcomes for IVF, he suggests removing my remaining tube as well.
While he refers to it as an "easy" op, i can't help but feel quite hopeless. Removing my tubes seems like such a major decision. We do badly want a child, and while IVF is already quite a hefty financial and emotional toll to bear, we now have to consider that we will NEVER be able to conceive naturally, should we decide to opt for this procedure.
We have discussed adoption as an option as well, and while it was always the "last resort", after IVF, i'm now wondering if we should give adoption a try before IVF and closing my door on conceiving naturally, forever. Not sure how my husband would feel about that though...
Oh, and since i'm in Southeast Asia, surrogacy is not really an option that is accepted or used in this country, at least not legally.
Just want to know if anyone else has been in the same (very complicated) boat? Or what do you think we should do? IVF or adopt?