Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
I have always had a reg. Cycle. And last month I had a normal period in time and then a week after I was spotting for three days. And my period was due in the 3rd of this month. I have had pms normal but nothing. Wat could it be. I'm not sexually active.  
The commonest cause of bleeding between periods is hormonal imbalance. The two hormones regulating a woman’s cycle are estrogen and progesterone. If they get out of balance, one may have spotting. Dysfunctional ovaries as in PCOD, thyroid gland problems, and starting and stopping birth control pills or any other birth control method can all affect your hormone balance. Depending on your detailed symptoms and medical history your doctor may recommend a pelvic examination and tests like urine examination, ,pap smear and other cervical screening tests. Only after a detailed clinical evaluation the cause can be determined. Hope it really helps. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!