Fibromyalgia Community

Fascial pain and Fibromyalgia

This is an interesting article proving that there is a relationship to myofascial pain and fibromyalgia. http://chronicfatigue.about.com/b/2010/06/12/1850.htm.  Fascial tissue is like the saran wrap around our muscles.  When our body senses pain it lays down more fascial tissue which ends up causing us more pain.  I have found wonderful relief with my massage therapist working on this.  
Thanks for posting this, Trudie.  I have myofascial pain syndrome with dozens of trigger points in my neck and back.  My several years with Lyme disease weakened my muscles, making me especially susceptible to repetitive strain injuries that lead to trigger points.  I'm sure also my issues with fatigue, which often leave me hunching over my desk, have played a role.

I recently relocated and need to find an appropriate specialist to continue my treatment.  I was lucky enough to find someone my last few months in MD who helped the situation a lot using massage, needling, and other methods.  

I only somewhat recently figured out that the myofacial pain syndrome, even if it stemmed from or was aggravated by my Lyme, is a separate entity in that it requires separate treatment.  I know many with fibro have other conditions, so it's good to stay aware of related conditions and their associated treatments.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.