Fibromyalgia Community

Fibromyalgia

I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, and I have severe muscle pain and stiffness. I was wondering if anyone could tell me any kind of medicine that might help? Everything I have tried so far didn't help at all......
The medication would highly depend upon your physician and what he/she is willing to prescribe.  Also, what would be best to treat the symptoms you are having.  What have you tried previously?

Some of the meds. typically given are Lyrica, Neurontin or Ultram.  Some use Lidocane patches, muscle relaxers or muscle ointment. There is not really anything specific, as FMS needs a multifaceted approach.  Accupuncture, chiropractioners, cognitive therapy for stress relief, warm water aerobics...it all depends on what seems to work best for you.   We also have protocols that others follow in our Health Pages, and they are having good success.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything to make it go away.  We all wish there was, but until they discover exactly what is causing it we are left trying a variety of procedures until we find something that helps us feel more 'normal'.  We certainly can relate to your not being able to get good relief.  Hope you find something to help with the pain soon.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.