Fibromyalgia Community
3.74k Members
Avatar universal


    I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, and I have severe muscle pain and stiffness. I was wondering if anyone could tell me any kind of medicine that might help? Everything I have tried so far didn't help at all......
1 Responses
Avatar universal
The medication would highly depend upon your physician and what he/she is willing to prescribe.  Also, what would be best to treat the symptoms you are having.  What have you tried previously?

Some of the meds. typically given are Lyrica, Neurontin or Ultram.  Some use Lidocane patches, muscle relaxers or muscle ointment. There is not really anything specific, as FMS needs a multifaceted approach.  Accupuncture, chiropractioners, cognitive therapy for stress relief, warm water aerobics...it all depends on what seems to work best for you.   We also have protocols that others follow in our Health Pages, and they are having good success.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything to make it go away.  We all wish there was, but until they discover exactly what is causing it we are left trying a variety of procedures until we find something that helps us feel more 'normal'.  We certainly can relate to your not being able to get good relief.  Hope you find something to help with the pain soon.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.