Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fibromyalgia Community
3.74k Members
Hello !
I am a 31 year old male , I do have thyroid problems .. my TSH hormones are very low but T3 and T4 are almost back to normal !
I developed some eye problems a few moths ago ,
Been on Neo Medrol 1000mg x7 day's IV treatment
Know I'm on Prednisone  75mg per day
Also using Neomercazole 40mg per day , Inblock !
How long before I will recover to a more functional life ?
Long term side affects ?
Prednisone gives me mood swings and cant really sleep :(    
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi there!
NeoMercazole tablets are indicated in the management of hyperthyroidism, thyrotoxicosis .How long are you supposed to take Prednisolone for your eye problem? Hyperthyroidism and intake of steroids both can cause mood swings and insomnia. Long term use of  Neomercazole can cause a decrease in the normal amounts of blood cells in the blood and lead to  sore throat, mouth ulcers, fever, any other signs of infection, unexplained bruising or bleeding, feeling tired etc.Headache,myopathies are other side effects of this drug. You should adopt lifestyle changes and try to overcome the side effects caused by these medications. Exercise daily for 30-40 minutes. Indulge in yoga. All these will help in overcoming stress and staying healthy. Consult your doctor and discuss your concerns. Hope it helps.
Best luck!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.