Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fibromyalgia Community
3.75k Members

pain all over

Hi im a 23 year old male from Ireland. The reason for my post is to try and get some answers about the pain im having. So here is my story:
   I started to train in a gym about 2 Years ago. As I was really driven to get bigger and stronger I trained 5 to 6 days a week .I would lift very heavy weights and do a lot of running. My flexability and mobility is poor therefore my lifting technique was poor. The pain first startrd as back pain so I went to my doctor who sent me for an ex ray which came back perfectly normal. So I applied some heat and kept training. However the pain began to spread and now I've pretty much pain everywhere.
                          I went back to my doctor with these complaints so he did a blood test. The test showed that I have raised rheumatoid factor levels. He sent me to see a rheumatologist. The rheumatologist examined me for about 10Mins and told me I didn't have arthritis. His advise was to stop train for a while and employ some relaxation techniques.
                So for the past 2 Months I havn't trained . I strect everyday for an 1 hour and do some foam rolling. I get a sports message once a week and go for a light swim and sauna sessions. However, the pain seems to be getting worse and now I'm also feeling fatiqued. I have a very clean diet -don't drink alcohol - and I don't smoke. I really just want to feel like a strong and fit man but the opposite has happened to me. I do look a lot better but I feel so tight and restricted . The pain seems to be in my muscles or maybe ligaments and tendons . My joints are not the root of the pain .
                        One last piece of info that might help a diagnosis . I went for a wim about a month ago in the ocean. I live in Ireland so its pretty cold. So when we got out from the water it took my friends about 5 minutes for their bodies to heat back up . It took me a good 2 hours to feel some bit warm again . So maybe the pain has something to do with blood flow. It just feels like im all scarred internally or something, that's the only way I can describe it. Was wondering if it could be fibro or some related disease or maybe some overtraining syndrome ?? any advise would be greatly appreciated . thanks a mil ......
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.