First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community
215 Members

Please describe your child's experience with colic.

Colic in infants frequently generates anxiety in new parents. First described in biblical times, Dr. Morris A. Wessel defined colic in 1954 as "excessive" crying lasting more than three hours a day, more than three days per week, and for more than three consecutive weeks. These children are otherwise well, and their crying is not due to either pain or hunger. This inordinate crying starts at about 2 weeks of age, hits a maximum in intensity at about 6-8 weeks of age, and then gradually diminishes with resolution by 16 weeks of age. Many developmental specialists point out that premature babies will follow this same pattern and also start their colicky experience about two weeks after their due date (regardless of actual date of birth). Studies have indicated that 10%-25% of healthy newborns may experience colic.
I am a mother of three kids, 5 year old daughter, 3 year old son, and 4 month old girl. With my son and this little one there were lots of tummy issues and both were colicky. We tried a bunch of remedies, burping, swaddling, massaging, bicycling, Zantac, colic drops, etc., for our boy but he used to cry for hours and hours and I was at my wits' end until a close friend visited us and advised us an infant tea blend called Babies' Magic Tea. I started this tea 3 to 4 times daily in his formula and within a couple of days, he got much better. I continued this tea and within one week he was super calm with no colic symptoms. With my little one 4 month old, I did the same and it worked the same as with our boy and now no colic pain or other tummy related issues.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.